Learn at Lunch
The School of Science holds a learning series for staff members. Meeting agenda will include informational topics, such as administrative policy, technology, training, and research highlights. If you would like to RSVP for an upcoming meeting, please contact Connie Winner.
If you have other topics you’d like to hear about, please contact Heather Williams, 617-623-8904.
- Please check back for information on the next scheduled Learn@Lunch meeting.
Upcoming Events to Note:
- Please check back for more information on upcoming events to note.
- Compensation Initiative Overview, with Heather Williams, March 28, 2019
- Onboarding, Career Development, and the School’s Peer-to-Peer Connection Program, with Heather Williams, April 29, 2019
- Discussion about the Mind Hand Heart program that runs several institute-wide programs including Random Acts of Kindness week and the Departmental support project that is focused on increasing the diversity and inclusion of the academic units. Maryanne shared how you can help advance her efforts in this area. Maryanne Kirkbride, May 29, 2019. MHH Department Support Project Presentation
- Vice President for Finance (VPF) Training 2020 Initiative, with Pamela Schickling Buckley, Karon McCollin and Jessica Fujimori, January 22, 2018. VPF Training 2020 Initiative Presentation
- The Quickbase Workspace, with Olu Brown and Tyler Brezler, December 18, 2017
- Emerging Careers at MIT, with Colleen Leslie, Sarah Rankin, and Olu Brown, November 16, 2017
- Work-Life Balance, with Physics Department Head Peter Fisher, November 30, 2016
- Organ Donation, with Biology Department Head and heart transplant recipient Alan Grossman, October 28, 2016
- MIT Art Walk, with Courteny Klemens, April 28, 2016
- MIT Campaign, with Assistant Dean for Development Elizabeth Chadis, March 28, 2016
- MIT Work-Life Center, with Ronnie Mae Weiss, December 15, 2015. Work Life Center Presentation
- MIT Supplemental 401(k) Plan, with Paul Gunning, November 3, 2015. Fidelity Presentation – Building a Portfolio for Any Weather
- MIT’s Mental Health & Counseling Service, with Dr. Alan Siegel, May 26, 2015
- Title IX and Sexual Assault Prevention & Resources, with Kate McCarthy and Sarah Rankin, April 13, 2015. Title IX Presentation – Supporting Our Students
- Supporting Our Students, with Jason McKnight and Gerardo Garcia-Rios, March 16, 2015. Supporting Our Students Handout
- Institute Community and Equity Officer Edmund Bertschinger, May 16, 2014
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), April 4, 2014
- School of Science Incident Response Plan, December 13, 2013
- Environmental Health and Safety, with Louis DiBerardinis, November 21, 2013
- Active Shooter Training, October 22, 2013