Resources For Staff
- Academic Calendar
Important dates, deadlines, and holidays for the academic year.
- Administrative Advisory Council II
A forum intended to enhance communication and to foster effective working relationships among MIT administrators. AACII also offers a formal mechanism for identifying and alleviating for unduly stressful or work-intensive administrative processes and systems, as well as feedback for central administrative offices contemplating changes.
- Administrator's Guide to Postdocs
A guide for administrators to crafting programs and overall procedures that address the unique needs of our postdoctoral community and enhance, strengthen, and streamline the experience for everyone.
- Athena/Kerberos Accounts
Members of the MIT community can register for their Kerberos identity, which will allow them to obtain an email account and access restricted electronic resources.
- Athletic Facilities & Sailing Pavilion
Information about MIT's recreation program, such as membership prices, classes and programs, training, and other services.
- Community Relations
A guideline for personal conduct within the MIT community, as well as an outline of resources for addressing harassment, mediating conflict, and providing other kinds of support for students, faculty, and staff.
- Faculty Administrative Staff Team WIKIOnline handbook for faculty support staff offering instructions and materials for general administrative duties, fellowship and grant applications, hiring and personnel transactions, MTAs and inventio...
- Family Benefits & Resources for Staff
MIT and School of Science policies and resources for family leave, child and elder care, and tuition support for children.
- Financial Benefits & Resources for Staff
Information on retirement benefits, life insurance, and the MIT Federal Credit Union.
- Health Benefits & Resources for Faculty & Staff
MIT and School of Science policies and resources for health and wellness, mental health, disabilities, and accessibility.
- Learn@LunchThe School of Science holds a monthly lunch series for staff members at noon on the dates below (unless stated otherwise), with lunch available at 11:45am. Meeting agenda will include informational to...
- MIT Activities Committee
Organizes events for the MIT community and offers discount rates for athletic events, exhibitions, theater, music, and other things to do around the Boston area.
- MIT Orientation
A guide to getting started for all MIT employees, including checklists of things to do before and after employment begins and guides to MIT benefits, services, and community programs.
- MIT Personnel Policy Manual
The MIT Personnel Policy Manual is a resource document containing employment policy for employees in the nonacademic payroll groups, specifically the administrative, sponsored research, support and service staffs.
- MIT Retiree Association
Association of MIT Retirees is a membership organization open to all Institute retirees. The association publishes a membership directory and arranges or sponsors social and educational activities, including one-day and longer trips, seminars, regional lunches, an annual lunch, and other social gatherings.
- MIT Staff Links
Offers resources for administrative tasks, communication, benefits, diversity issues, and networkings for MIT staff.
- MIT Working Group on Support Staff Issues
WGSSI consists of Support and Administrative Staff throughout the Institute who work to address issues of concern to support staff employees at MIT, provide networking opportunities, and organize events.
- Peer Connections ProgramThe Peer Connections program pairs new School of Science staff with mentors who will help them navigate job responsibilities, MIT policies and procedures, and Institute organization and culture. The p...
- Rewards & Recognition
Learn how to nominate SOS students, staff, postdocs, and faculty for outstanding achievements.
- SOS Stellar Site
Materials for budget, space, promotion cases and faculty searches, new hires, faculty housing assistance, salary and leaves, and OPA for SOS office staff.