Peer to Peer Mentoring Program
The Peer to Peer Mentoring Program aims to provide new staff (new hires and transfers) in the School of Science with a source of information about job responsibilities, MIT policies and procedures, and Institute organization and culture; to help both coaches and new staff increase their confidence and expand their skill sets; and to promote a cooperative and connected working environment for all participants.
- Peer connections will be established, tracked, and evaluated by the Dean’s Office.
- Peer connections last for 3 consecutive semesters, but can be renewed at end of term if both peers agree.
- Program coordinators (PC) will monitor coaching relationships and act as a liaison with HR.
- Peer advisors and their advisees will schedule an initial meeting, but the advising will be conducted primarily by phone and email, initiated by the advisee.
- Advisees will be supported by SOS and MIT web resources.
Learn more about the program and the roles involved at the Peer to Peer Mentoring Program Wiki.