Tenure-track lunch program
Since 2008, the School of Science has provided a forum to encourage tenure-track faculty members to meet, learn, and collaborate. Meeting topics include concerns of particular interest to junior faculty and research presentations. If you would like to RSVP for an upcoming meeting, please contact Annie Lee, Faculty and Academic Affairs Administrator.
- October 3, 2018 – 12:00-1:00 @ 46-6011 – Mary Gehring presents “Control of epigenetic dynamics in plants”
- December 12, 2018 – 12:00-1:00 @ 6-321 – Joe Checkelsky presents “Quantum Electronic Materials by way of Archimedes”
- Friday, May 18, Jing-Ke Weng, Department of Biology, “Mechanistic basis for metabolic evolution in plants.”
- Thursday, December 14, Jörn Dunkel, Department of Mathematics
- Wednesday, September 27, Kay Tye, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory
- Thursday, May 11, Gloria Choi , Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, McGovern Institute for Brain Research, “Maternal Immune Activation as a Driver of Neurodevelopmental Disorders”
- Thursday, March 16, Yogesh Surendranath, Department of Chemistry, “Graphite-Conjugated Catalysis”
- Monday, November 14, Adam Willard, Department of Chemistry, “How does nanoscale disorder affect energy and charge transport in molecular semiconductors?”
- Friday, September 30, Aram Harrow, Department of Physics, “What should we do with a small quantum computer?”
- Monday, May 16, Rupinder Grewal, MIT Conflict of Interest Officer, Office of Sponsored Programs, “Conflict of Interest and Start-ups”
- Tuesday, February 23, Matthew Evans, Department of Physics, “Gravitational Wave Detection with Advanced LIGO”
- Thursday, December 10, Omer Yilmaz, Department of Biology, Koch Institute, “Dietary control of stem cells in physiology and disease”
- Thursday, November 12, Jesse Thaler, Department of Physics, “Jet Substructure: Boosting the Search for New Physics at the LHC”
- Wednesday, October 21, David Randall, Senior Associate Dean of Student Support Services in the Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming, “Discussion on student advising.” Resource guides on student advising may be found at the Division for Student Life.
- Thursday, May 21, MIT Technology Licensing Office presentation
- Tuesday, March 31, German Prieto, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, presents “The physics of earthquakes: Studies from deep inside the Earth to human-induced activity.”
- Friday, February 20, Q&A Session with Career Management Panel: Maria Zuber, Phillip Sharp, and Wolfgang Ketterle, moderated by Dean Michael Sipser.
- Friday, December 12, Ibrahim Cissé, Department of Physics, presents, “Capturing gene expression in action with live cell single-molecule imaging.”
- October 3, Wendy Gilbert, Department of Biology
- Wednesday, May 28, Hilke Schlichting, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, “From shocks to resonances: New insights into planet formation.” Group discussion of the promotion process
- Wednesday, April 2, Pablo Jarillo-Herrero, Department of Physics; and Matthew Vander Heiden, Department of Biology, research presentations