Before You Arrive at MIT
Graduate and Family Housing: The Graduate and Family Housing website includes information to help you evaluate each residence and how to apply for housing.
- Eastgate Apartments: 201 unfurnished 1 &2 bedroom units; family resources and programming within the residence.
- Westgate Apartments: 208 unfurnished efficiency, 1 & 2 bedroom units; family resources and programming within the residence.
MIT Technology Childcare Centers (TCC): TCC care and education programs emphasize communication and language, respect for other cultures, and warm relationships between teachers, parents, and children. TCC includes four child care centers in Cambridge and one in Lexington. Full‐time and part‐time infant, toddler, and preschool care is available, with a limited number of slots for graduate student families.
- Room 16‐151, Phone 617‐253‐1592, E‐mail email@example.com
- "Work-Life Resources 24/7" (1‐877‐847‐4523) allows MIT community members to reach consultants free of charge by phone. Consultants can provide information about off-campus childcare and Boston/Cambridge area schools, elder/adult care, schools, legal/ financial concerns, relocation and daily living.
MIT Spouses& Partners Newcomers Guide: Provides information on moving to Boston andCambridge, money and finances, bills and utilities, transportation, and MIT ID cards for spouses and partners.
After You Arrive at MIT
- Room 3‐138, Phone 617‐253‐4860, E‐mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childbirth Accommodation (Paid Maternity Leave): A student anticipating childbirth is eligible for Childbirth Accommodation, and may choose a period of one, one and a half, or two months. For students with RA appointments, the Fund will cover tuition and stipend. For TA appointments, the stipend component will be paid from the Fund, and the student will not be responsible for the TA tuition component.
Graduate Student Life Grants (GSLGs) for Family‐Focused Initiatives: GSLGs provide resources to families such as babysitting nights and social activities on campus for parents and children. The deadline for grant proposals is in the fall; see website for details. Contact the Grants program with questions at email@example.com.
GSC Housing and Community Affairs (HCA) Families Subcommittee: Join the HCA Families Subcommmittee, which works on increasing family housing options, advocating for more affordable on‐ and off‐campus childcare options, maintaining high‐quality and affordable health care, and improving campus safety for families.